This month, we’re featuring two exceptional pre-owned products: the ACCU-SCOPE 3032 Inverted Phase Contrast Microscope and the ACCU-SCOPE 3079-GS Stereo Gemological Microscope.
With their modular designs, sturdy builds and affordable price points, these two ACCU-SCOPE microscopes are truly first-rate.
Let’s learn more about the ACCU-SCOPE 3032 Inverted Phase Contrast Microscope as well as the ACCU-SCOPE 3079-GS Stereo Gemological Microscope and why they’re our pre-owned products of the month.
Why We Love the ACCU-SCOPE 3032
The ACCU-SCOPE 3032 is a phase contrast microscope — it uses phase contrast microscopy to enhance the contrast of transparent and/or colorless objects. This makes it ideal for examining biological samples such as living cells.
It is also inverted, meaning that the objective is located underneath the stage and illuminates the object from below.
Because of their ability to make visible transparent objects, inverted phase contrast microscopes are particularly useful to operators in the fields of biology and healthcare.
There are several features of the ACCU-SCOPE 3032 that are particularly noteworthy:
- Large viewing area with extra-wide, field focusable 10x eyepieces
- A comfortable 30-degree viewing head with an interpupillary adjustment range of 48-75 millimeters
- The quintuple nosepiece is side-facing and revolving enables maximum flexibility for an array of magnification observations and objective combinations
- An extra long working distance (ELWD) condenser and pre-centered halogen illuminator provide bright, even lighting
- Pre-centered phase contrast slider allows for rapid and seamless observation
- Fixed plain stage comes equipped with paired auxiliary stage plates
The ACCU-SCOPE 3032 boasts the following specs:
Why We Love the ACCU-SCOPE 3079-GS
The ACCU-SCOPE 3079-GS is a stereo microscope, meaning that it is designed to provide low magnification observation. It is also a gemological microscope, which makes it ideal for examining and grading gemstones. This microscope can be purchased with or without the camera.
Due to their ability to produce sharp, three-dimensional views of objects, stereo gemological microscopes are particularly well-suited to the needs of jewelers and gemologists.
Several features of the ACCU-SCOPE 3079-GS are especially remarkable:
- Manufactured using state-of-the-art coatings for stunning image resolution, depth of field and clarity
- Wide variety of mounting options
- Diffused stage plate for even illumination
- 50/50 split viewing head with an interpupillary distance of 54-75 millimeters
- Ruggedly built and precision-engineered for maximum durability
- Airtight to allow for use in industrial settings
The ACCU-SCOPE 3079-GS is equipped with the following specs:
The optional digital camera includes comprehensive software for measuring, labeling, picture taking, photo editing and more. It can connect to a computer via the USB cable provided and has HDMI capabilities that can connect to a computer or a TV monitor. The camera is great for demonstrating to customers, for point of sale, saving files for insurance, customer history or emailing to associates.
The Brand Behind these Microscopes
ACCU-SCOPE was originally founded in the 1920s as an offshore medical importing company. The company was reestablished in New York City in 1947, and was re-incorporated as the microscope division of Bristoline in 1990.
Today, it is a leading manufacturer of microscopes and related accessories for an array of applications, including education, clinical, research, industrial and life science. ACCU-SCOPE is exceptionally committed to quality control, and individually tests each of its microscopes in its New York warehouse.