- Digital Signal Processor:
A 3rd generation Digital Signal Processor (DSP) chip utilizing Hitachi’s most recent processing technology (0.18μm, internal core, 1.8V drive, and 3 million gates) is contained on a single newly developed ultra LSI (large scale integration) chip. The new DSP enables the camera to achieve its small size, low power consumption, and high stability.
- Performance in a cube:
The camera is built into a compact cube with a short depth dimension for easy incorporation into systems where space is critical. The multi-functional design is conducive to a wide range of industrial, medical and other general purpose imaging applications.
- High picture quality:
High Sensitivity and High Resolution are achieved through the use of three 1/3 inch CCD’s, each with 410,000 picture elements (470,000 PAL). Together with the 12-bit analog to digital (A/D) converter and 14-bit accelerated DSP a horizontal resolution of 800TV lines and a high signal to noise ratio (S/N) of 64 dB (62 dB PAL) is obtained with the use of dynamic noise reduction (DNR). Clear high quality low noise images are now possible even in a high gain mode.
- Adjustable Flange back:
A built-in flange back adjustment allows the cameras optical focus to be optimized with the selected optical system.
- Auto Shading Compensation (ASC):
The ASC function can automatically compensate for color shading errors caused by interaction between the lens and prism assembly in C-Mount optical systems. Two modes of shading are provided and can be selected according to the cameras application, a color shading mode or a two-dimensional luminance-shading mode.
- Four scene files are provided for the setup, storage and recall of all camera functions. The camera configuration can be easily changed through the selection of a scene file.
- A six-vector color corrector allows independent adjustment of the hue and saturation of the primary and secondary colors so that optimum color fidelity can be maintained.
- A versatile color detail adjustment circuit enables the selection and independent adjustment of detail in two separate colors. This function can be used as a “flesh tone detail” circuit for smoothing human complexion, or for enhancing a color con- tour for increased visibility.
- Dynamic Chroma Compensation is provided to maintain proper color saturation in scenes with high luminous levels. Dynamic range is expanded allowing high quality reproduction of out- door and other difficult scenes.
- Intelligent Auto Level Control (ALC) can be selected to allow unattended operation over a wide range of light levels. Digital light metering, CPU controlled automatic gain control (AGC), lens iris, and an auto electronic shutter (AES) operate under continuous control to compensate for varying light levels. Auto Tracking White Balance (ATW) can also be selected to maintain proper color temperature with changing light levels. Note: AES functions continuously only with a manual override lens.
- Flare Compensation can be adjusted to compensate for color changes in dark areas, improving color fidelity, when a zoom lens is used on the camera.
- Picture polarity can be selected as normal (positive) or negative, to suit the imaging requirements.
- A full complement of video outputs is provided on the camera. Outputs include composite, Y/C, RGB, or Y/ R-Y/ B-Y. Simultaneous output of composite, Y/C and an additional component signal is possible, utilizing two separate output connectors.
- The camera can be synchronized with external devices using the genlock input or by use of external HD and VD signals. Composite sync, HD and VD signals can be output for use with other equipment.
- An External Trigger Signal can be used to provide the capture of an image. Several trigger modes are available to suit the intended application. A long term integration mode of up to 8 seconds can be used to capture images at extremely low light levels.
- An RS-232C port is provided for bi-directional communications with an external device, allowing complete control, setup and operation of all camera functions.
|Optical system||1/3-inch, F2.2 prism|
|Imaging system||R, G, B 3CCD|
|Lens mount||C-mount (Frangeback 17.526 mm in air)|
|CCD||1/3-inch interline transfer|
|Total pixels||NTSC 811(H) x 508(V)|
|Effective pixels||NTSC 768(H) x 494(V)|
|Effective image area||NTSC 4.88(H) x 3.66(V) mm|
|Horizontal resolution||800 TV lines (Y signal center, DTL off)|
|S/N||NTSC 64 dB (DNR on) 61 dB (DNR off)
(Y OUT, γ off, DTL off, Gain 0 dB)
|Standard sensitivity||2000 lx, F9.5|
|Sensitivity setting||AGC (0 to +24 dB) / Manual (0 to +24 dB, 1dB step) and Digital gain (approx. 0 to +6 +12 dB, 6dB step)|
|Minimum Sensitivity||0.9 lx (F2.2 +24 dB, Digital gain +12dB)|
|Electronic shutter||4 mode|
|Preset mode||1/100 s to 1/100,000 s, 10 steps|
|Lock scan mode||NTSC 1/60.38 s to 1/100,000 s|
|Auto Electronic Shutter (AES)||OFF to 1/100,000 s|
|Long Term Integration||Field/Frame integration selectable, NTSC 1/30 s to 8 s (external image memory needed for continuous image)|
|External trigger||Field/Frame readout selectable, One pulse trigger input|
|White balance mode||Preset: 3200 K/5600 K selection
Memory: Auto white balance
Auto: Real time auto white balance
|Scene files||4 files|
|Color bars||NTSC: SMPTE|
|Power supply voltage||12 V rated (stable operation at 10.5 to 15 Vdc)|
|Power consumption||4.5 W approx|
|Dimensions||65(W) x 65(H) x 80(D) mm|
|Mass||400 g (14 oz) approx.|
|Ambient temperature||Operating: -10 to +45 °C (+14 to 113 F)
Storage: -20 to +60 °C (-4 to 140 F)