UNITRON's new MEC4 inverted metallurgical microscope is designed for the examination and analysis of metallurgical samples and prepped material for the automotive, aerospace, medical device and electronics industries. The compact design of the MEC4 makes it an affordable inverted microscope with outstanding optical performance, perfect for in-line sample inspection for manufacturing, production and assembly applications where strict control of materials is required.
The MEC4 delivers, bright, crisp images at all magnification levels. With a wide range of c-mount adapters, the MEC4 can easily be connected to our Excelis HD or Lumenera® digital cameras for easy image processing. Designed for brightfield and simple polarization observation, the MEC4 delivers professional features at an affordable price in a compact, easy to use design.
- Compact, ergonomic design for easy, durable use for observation of metallurgical samples, electronic components, and metal parts
- Suitable for brightfield & simple polarizing observation
- Fixed stage design and attachable mechanical stage provide stable control even with heavy samples
- UNITRON's new Infinity M Plan Achromat LWD objectives provide bright, high resolution images with improved contrast and high N.A. values
- 5 watt LED reflected light illuminator with a condenser
|Observation Method||Brightfield and simple polarizer/analyzer 360° rotating; blue, green and frosted filters|
|Viewing Head||45° inclined trinocular viewing head with 54-75mm interpupillary adjustment|
|Imaging Port||100% binocular or 20% binocular / 80% camera|
|Eyepieces||WF10x/22mm focusing eyepieces with roll-down eyeguards|
|Optical System||Infinity M Plan Achromat LWD 5x, 10x, 20xR and semi-apo 50x objectives|
Optional 100x dry objective is available
|Nosepiece||Quintuple revolving nosepiece|
|Stage||Plain stage: 160mm(W) x 250mm (L), includes Ø12mm and Ø25mm aperture teardrop stage insert plates|
Mechanical stage: travel range 120mm (X) 78mm (Y); the mechanical stage is standard on each complete unit; coaxial handle attachable to right side; includes Ø12mm and Ø25mm aperture teardrop rectangular stage plates
Stage extender plate: 70mm X 180mm
|Focusing||Vertical action movement revolving nosepiece (fixed stage); coaxial coarse and fine adjustment|
|Illuminator||5 watt variable LED illuminator, built-in lever type condenser, field and aperture diaphragms, filter slider for blue, green and frosted filters|
|Dimensions & Weight||300 x 650 x 437.5mm (w x d x h) with mechanical stage; weight: 23 lbs.|
|Warranty||Five (5) Year warranty.|
The new Excelis HD color microscopy camera sets a new standard for excellence in high definition imaging for scientific and industrial applications.
Excelis HD's unique architecture is the only camera in its class to offer simultaneous live image output to an HD monitor and to a computer via USB 2.0. Images can be saved directly to a PC or Mac or onto the included 8GB SD card. Each camera is supplied with the PC/Mac compatible on-board image capture software that allows for basic image control. Or, for more image control, analysis and annotation, our full-featured CaptaVision PC imaging software is also included.
- 1080p color camera with live video preview without any lag time or compression
- HDMI & USB 2.0 output for video and images
- Built-in mouse control software for HDMI viewing/recording without a computer
- Simultaneous live image output to an HD monitor to a computer via USB 2.0
- On-board camera software with basic image controls: auto/manual exposure time, 3D noise reduction, 1080p video recording, magnify (ROI), rotate, flip images, side by side comparison, browse images/video playback from SD card (PC & Mac compatible)
- CaptaVision PC imaging software for more advanced image control, annotation & analysis
- Exposure time of 0.001 seconds to 10 seconds, 20 scales of Gain value and incredibly efficient 3D noise reduction for fluorescence applications
- SONY IMX236 sensor, dual FPGA processors and unique algorithms produce perfect color reproduction
With the new on-board firmware, Excelis 600-HD Series cameras have three great new features:
- CALIBRATION: With this new tool, a variety of measuring tools can be utilized to measure line, distance, angle, length, circumference and area to 1/100 microns. These precision measurements can be performed and saved on the HD view!
- MASK: Use this tool to temporarily cover portions of an image to highlight an area for demonstrating or explaining.
- RULER: Overlay a ruler with an X and Y scale on the image.
NOTE: Previous versions of the Excelis AU-600-HD or AU-600-HDS cameras cannot be upgraded with the new features.
|Resolution (Live)||1920 x 1080|
|Sensor||1/2.8" (0.35x C-mount recommended); SONY IMX236|
|Frame Rate||HDMI (60fps); USB 2.0 (30fps)|
|Image Capture||6.0 MP / High Speed SD Card (8GB)|
|Video Capture||HDMI: 1080p, 60fps to SD Card|
USB 2.0: 1080p, 30fps to PC or Mac
|Exposure Time||0.001 sec – 10.0 sec|
|Settings||Gain, Gamma, Saturation, Contraction|
|Built-in Software||Cloud 1.0 (With live image measurement)|
|PC Imaging Software||CaptaVision Imaging Software (for PC only; Mac OS not supported)|
Advanced Camera Controls: live/still image measurement and annotation, flat field correction; extended depth of focus (focus stacking); image stitching; fluorescence image settings; fluorescence multi-color channel merge; HDR (High Dynamic Range) function
Image Types: JPEG, BMP, TIFF and RAW
|Output Modes||Mode 1: USB 2.0 / Mode 2: HDMI|
|System Compatibility||Windows XP, Vista 7 and 8 (32 or 64-bit)|
Mac OS X (for image transfer to Mac OS X only)
|System Requirements||Intel processor (Core 2 Duo or higher); 2GB memory or more; USB 2.0 Hi-Speed port|
What's Included in the Box:
- Excelis HD Camera
- HDMI Cable
- USB 2.0 Cable
- 12V Power Adapter
- 8GB SD Card
- CaptaVision PC Imaging Software